5 Easy Tips for Moving Into a New Office in New York City
Moving into a new office is like moving into a new home. Office relocation requires packing up all sorts of belongings - both big and small. Moving your office in New York City requires a lot of planning and teamwork. Moving while owning a business can be stressful cause not only are you currently running a business, but you are also in the process of moving one too. A New York City office move requires a lot of organizational skills and collaboration in order for things to run smoothly. Here are a few tips to help with your New York City office move:
1) Start planning early: This will allow you to stay organized and on task with the office relocation process. You should divide up your New York City team and decide who is doing what, when they should have it done by and how they are going to get it done. You don’t want to be rushing last minute to get things done - that will make your office move very stressful.
2) Hire a move manager: Your office relocation process will be just easier with an assistant on hand. New York City has many people who can assist you in the office moving process, so utilize them! You and your team will be very thankful to have a manager to follow up on our tasks and stay on top of your team during your office move.
3) Use the help you already have: Be sure to tell your New York City team to clean out their individual office spaces. It is important to throw away things you no longer need during your office relocation process - so many sure you have lots of trash cans available! An office move is a great opportunity for you and your coworkers to get organized, that way when you move into your new space everything will be clean and put together!
4) Label boxes: Labeling boxes for your New York City office move is going to be so helpful, especially when unpacking. Instead of opening every box to find one specific thing, make sure that you label every single item you put in each box. Your office move will more be organized and this will also save you a lot of time!
5) Reward yourself and your team: This is one of the most important steps in your office relocation process. Once you have completed your NYC office move, plan a gathering for your coworkers to celebrate your accomplishments! An office relocation must be celebrated because of all the hard work you have put into it. There is no better place than to celebrate in New York City!
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
An office move has countless moving parts. Where do you start? Keep reading... "Guru" of office moving, Ed Katz, has you covered!Read Article
Looking for the best mover for your office relocation? The best way to narrow down your search is to ask the right questions. What are the right questions? We're here to help! Ed Katz, president of the International Office Moving Institute (IOMI) and guru of office moving, will tell you exactly what you should be asking potential movers and what the right mover will say.Read Article
Identify the key stages of an office move and find out what important issues need to be considered at each milestone.Read Article