5 Top Tips when Moving Office
Top Tips for your Office Move
So much to do and so little time? If this sounds familiar then you're not alone! There are so many things to remember when you move office which is why you must use an Office Move Checklist as your TO-DO list to help oversee your company's entire office move.
Here's a soundbite of 5 key tasks that you must put on your Office Move Checklist. They will help get your moving office project off the ground on the right footing..
- Check your existing office lease to see what the exit terms are to leave your current office (it is vital that you know the timing, process & method of serving notice correctly).
- Establish the key dates of your office move. You need to be clear about the timeframe within which your office move needs to happen.
- Date by which you need to have: found your new office space; signed the new office lease; agreed on the office design; have completed the office build-out; arranged the smooth transfer of your IT Relocation & phone systems; and booked your Moving Company. Use the Moving Office Timetable as your framework for you office relocation. Download the Office Move Checklist. It will guide you through the planning phases required for a successful office move and keep everything on track. Remember to refer to it constantly and update it regularly.
- Get the right Office Relocation Companies on board to help with each key stage of your office move. Remember that best practice says that you should always get 3 quotes for each type of company you use. Meet with companies that are based in your local area and choose the ones that have experience in office moves and that you feel best suits your needs and budget.
- Notify your staff, customers, utilities, suppliers & vendors that you are moving office and ensure everyone has your new office address and contact details.
Planning is everything when it comes to moving office - use the Office Move Checklist, tick off each task as you go along and you'll be surprised just how everything comes together.
Moving office for the first time?
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
An office move has countless moving parts. Where do you start? Keep reading... "Guru" of office moving, Ed Katz, has you covered!Read Article
Looking for the best mover for your office relocation? The best way to narrow down your search is to ask the right questions. What are the right questions? We're here to help! Ed Katz, president of the International Office Moving Institute (IOMI) and guru of office moving, will tell you exactly what you should be asking potential movers and what the right mover will say.Read Article
Identify the key stages of an office move and find out what important issues need to be considered at each milestone.Read Article