Business Moving Checklist
Business Moving Checklist
There's lots of ways to make the process of moving office easier. The first step is to get your hands on a reliable Business Moving Checklist. This FREE download from Help Moving Office.com lists all the tasks in logical order to help make your business move a success.
We know it works, because it's already been used by 1000s of companies who have relocated their business in the US and it's continually updated to give you the very latest tips and best-practice advice from Business Relocation Professionals.
Here's a quick Business Moving Checklist of things you need to start organizing ahead of your business relocation to give yourself the best possible chance of a smooth and seamless office move:
- Schedule in your moving day with an Office Moving Company well in advance to avoid any delays or disappointment.
- Think phone lines! For your business to be operating quickly and efficiently in the new office your business phones will need to be set up and WORKING! Discuss your business relocation plans with your Telecoms Vendor and order any additional phone sets or phone lines.
- Create your Change of Address Announcement using our Letter Template and co-ordinate how you are going to announce your new contact details to clients, service providers and other organizations.
- Think about the handover of your existing office. Is a retrofit required? Arrange for office cleaning and the handover with your Landlord.
- Order packing materials and labels in advance from your Office Movers so that staff can begin to pack away their individual desk items.
- Have a clear out! How many biros do you need that don't actually work? That old computer that got stuck in the store because it was "unfixable"? Old brochures with your old address and out-of-date information? It all needs to go before you get to the new office.
- Sit down with your Office Design Company to begin the Space Planning process. It takes a while to work out the best location for workstations, reception and storage and you won't want to rush this important planning stage.
Using this Business Moving Checklist will make your business relocation faster, easier and more cost-effective.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
An office move has countless moving parts. Where do you start? Keep reading... "Guru" of office moving, Ed Katz, has you covered!Read Article
Looking for the best mover for your office relocation? The best way to narrow down your search is to ask the right questions. What are the right questions? We're here to help! Ed Katz, president of the International Office Moving Institute (IOMI) and guru of office moving, will tell you exactly what you should be asking potential movers and what the right mover will say.Read Article
Identify the key stages of an office move and find out what important issues need to be considered at each milestone.Read Article