How to get the best from your Office Design
Successful office design goes far beyond arranging desks and planning who sits where. It takes intelligent planning as well as the creative know-how to really achieve an office design that will enhance your corporate image and improve overall productivity.
After all, many of your employees are likely to spend almost as much time in the office as they do at home, and creating the right work environment is high up on the agenda when it comes to job satisfaction. Research has shown that 50% of workers indicated that the most critical factor in determining job satisfaction was work environment.
It's more important than ever to ensure your staff are comfortable, motivated and are supported by the right office design and layout in order for them to carry out their job effectively.
Read on to find out more about some 5 key areas you will need to consider with your Office Space Planners and Office Designers when planning your new office design.
- Are your staff comfortable - Make sure your staff work stations are flexible and work-appropriate for them to carry out their tasks efficiently and with ease.
- Determine what each staff member spends most time doing; typing, on the phone, filing etc.- then design their workstation appropriately.
- Is there good communication flow and are the work stations laid out in such a way as to promote free and easy flow of communication?
- Does your office space plan support your organization structure and help influence decision-making and foster teamwork?
- Is there sufficient support space - Support space can incorporate anything that assists your staff in carrying out their day-to-days tasks easily. It might include having the most appropriate filing system, an area for copiers, faxes and scanners, as well as designated break out areas for internal meetings and a place where staff can take a break.
If your business requires staff to visit your offices on a regular basis you'll need to consider formal meeting rooms and a central reception lobby. Review your reception and welcoming lobby; is there space for clients to sit and wait if you are held up before the meeting?
Is there a touchdown area where they can access the internet or re-charge phones or laptops?
All these issues will help to create a superior office space design which translates into happier employees, improved productivity, increase staff retention and even attract new clients and staff.
For more Office Design ideas, request your free copy of the Tenants Guide to Office Design.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
In today's hybrid work environment, employees are increasingly evaluating their commute time and its impact on their productivity and well-being. This has led to the emergence of a new concept called "Return on Commute" (ROC), which is similar to the traditional business metric "Return on Investment" (ROI).Read Article
Office furniture is an essential component of any workplace, offering comfort and functionality to employees. However, the sheer volume of office furniture waste generated annually is a concerning environmental problem. The disposal of office furniture often contributes to landfills, releases harmful chemicals, and strains valuable resources.Read Article
With over 20 years of experience, Monroe Moving Pro can be your most trusted and valued locally owned and operating moving company. We are proud to provide a full service and quality that surpasses the expectations of our customers. Whether you are planning to move locally or across the country, for domestic or commercial purposes, Monroe Moving Pro offers tailored services to meet up your specific needs. Our combined approach gives us a direct responsibility to be confident and genuine in providing our services.Read Article