How to Manage your Company's Office Relocation
Managing a Company Relocation
Whether it's your first time managing an office relocation, or you've been involved in a company office relocation before - there are two things you need to remember:
- To plan well in advance
- To use Office Relocation Experts to help with the important stages of the move
In order to manage your company's office relocation successfully, you need to start the planning at least 9- 18 months in advance. This will give you enough time to weigh up your options carefully about your choice of office space, negotiate suitable terms on the office lease, and make the right office design decisions to maximize the full potential of the space.
At least 6 months prior to your company's office relocation, you should use an Office Move Checklist that gives you practical steps and tasks that you'll need to complete in the run up to the move.
Whatever the size of your company, you will need to form an office relocation team consisting of individuals within your organization, as well help from external professionals which will include:
- A Tenant Rep Broker - to help you find the right office space and secure lease terms that suit your fiscal and operational requirements.
- A Real Estate Lawyer - to examine the ins and outs of the lease documentation and ensure your commercial interests are protected.
- An Office Design Company - to plan and create the right office environment that enhances productivity and gives the right impression to clients.
- An IT Relocation Company - advising on phone systems for the new office and the secure and timely transfer of your IT equipment.
- An Office Moving Company - to get your belongings from A to B in an orderly and timely manner so that business can resume quickly back to full operation following the move.
Getting expert help will make managing your company's office relocation so much easier and will ensure everything is executed on time, without disruption, and will provide you with support when making such important decisions for your business (i.e. choosing the right office property).
Simply select your nearest City here to source office relocation professionals in your area.
Get the FREE Office Move Checklist here to plan and manage every step of your office relocation.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
An office move has countless moving parts. Where do you start? Keep reading... "Guru" of office moving, Ed Katz, has you covered!Read Article
Looking for the best mover for your office relocation? The best way to narrow down your search is to ask the right questions. What are the right questions? We're here to help! Ed Katz, president of the International Office Moving Institute (IOMI) and guru of office moving, will tell you exactly what you should be asking potential movers and what the right mover will say.Read Article
Identify the key stages of an office move and find out what important issues need to be considered at each milestone.Read Article