HR Managment & Employment Tips for an Office Relocation
Tips on how to Communicate with Employees when Moving Office
An office move is not just an upheaval for your business, it's also a turbulent time for your staff. The workforce is the lifeblood of any business so it is absolutely vital that staff are kept informed and feel involved throughout the entire office relocation process.
If your staff feel in any way neglected during an office move, negative vibes will start to spread which can hamper and destroy any successful office move. Consideration needs to be taken when thinking about how a new office location will affect staff personnally; as some may need to make significant changes to their commuting habits, daily routines and even working processes.
Fostering ongoing and positive communication with staff will help to minimize uncertainty and resistance to change.
Here are some tips on how best to facilitate and communicate the change in workplace as far as your staff are concerned:
- Keep your staff informed at every key stage of the office relocation process.
- Stress how the proposed change in workplace will benefit your employees.
- Get your workforce involved in the planning and the implementation of any change.
- Ask for input and suggestions for the new office (i.e. meeting room names, new office launch, new office layout etc).
- Ensure you provide adequate training on any new equipment or proceedures to make staff feel comfortable and at ease in their new environment.
- Test drive new ideas and processes with individual teams before implementing it to your staff at large.
- Reassure employees on top level HR issues such as job security, improved efficiency and the benefits the office relocation will bring.
For further tips on managing the office move for your staff, read the HR Guide to Moving Office.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
In today's hybrid work environment, employees are increasingly evaluating their commute time and its impact on their productivity and well-being. This has led to the emergence of a new concept called "Return on Commute" (ROC), which is similar to the traditional business metric "Return on Investment" (ROI).Read Article
Office furniture is an essential component of any workplace, offering comfort and functionality to employees. However, the sheer volume of office furniture waste generated annually is a concerning environmental problem. The disposal of office furniture often contributes to landfills, releases harmful chemicals, and strains valuable resources.Read Article
With over 20 years of experience, Monroe Moving Pro can be your most trusted and valued locally owned and operating moving company. We are proud to provide a full service and quality that surpasses the expectations of our customers. Whether you are planning to move locally or across the country, for domestic or commercial purposes, Monroe Moving Pro offers tailored services to meet up your specific needs. Our combined approach gives us a direct responsibility to be confident and genuine in providing our services.Read Article