IT concerns when Moving Office
Office Moves and IT
The relocation of your IT equipment should be one of your primary concerns when you move office. Not least because if your computers aren't working when you get to the new office, and phones aren't ringing - it means your business is unable to operate efficiently.
An IT Relocation needs careful planning in advance of the move to ensure your new office has the right IT infrastructure ready to network your computers and phone systems, and that you have securely backed up all data off site in case anything gets lost or damaged during transit.
Here are some IT relocation considerations to bear in mind when moving office to ensure all your business critical equipment is transferred safely, securely so business continues to run smoothly after the move:
- Ensure there are enough phone lines, and they are in the right location for your seating plan
- How are clients going to reach you during the office move?
- Is a reliable Call Divert system in place for the move day?
- Is your existing phone system and other IT equipment adequate for your needs in the new location? It's a good time to review all systems and upgrade if possible to ensure your business operates at optimum efficiency.
- How do you plan to test IT equipment and phone systems to ensure everything is working as it should before staff arrive? The IT Relocation Checklist offers ideas to incorporate into your IT Test plan.
- Can you take your existing phone number with you to the new office? Contact your Telecoms Provider to find out.
To ensure a seamless transfer of your IT equipment and phone systems, download the FREE IT Relocation Checklist to minimize any delays or downtime to your business throughout the move.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
In today's hybrid work environment, employees are increasingly evaluating their commute time and its impact on their productivity and well-being. This has led to the emergence of a new concept called "Return on Commute" (ROC), which is similar to the traditional business metric "Return on Investment" (ROI).Read Article
Office furniture is an essential component of any workplace, offering comfort and functionality to employees. However, the sheer volume of office furniture waste generated annually is a concerning environmental problem. The disposal of office furniture often contributes to landfills, releases harmful chemicals, and strains valuable resources.Read Article
With over 20 years of experience, Monroe Moving Pro can be your most trusted and valued locally owned and operating moving company. We are proud to provide a full service and quality that surpasses the expectations of our customers. Whether you are planning to move locally or across the country, for domestic or commercial purposes, Monroe Moving Pro offers tailored services to meet up your specific needs. Our combined approach gives us a direct responsibility to be confident and genuine in providing our services.Read Article