IT Relocation Requirements when Moving Office
The transfer of all IT equipment and Business Phone Systems is amongst the most challenging and complex aspects of an office relocation. In today's business world, companies are totally reliant on technology (in fact productivity and operational efficiency depend entirely upon the connectivity of computers, servers and phones). Tenants can not afford to overlook or neglect this key aspect of an office relocation - and the IT Relocation Checklist will help prepare & guide your business through the IT relocation process.
Review IT Equipment
Many companies use the opportunity of an office move to review all of their IT equipment - as most IT equipment has a natural life-cycle of anywhere between 3 and 5 years (which is, coincidentally, the same time period as the typical lease length of a US tenant). Furthermore, an office relocation provides a timely trigger to upgrade to better, cheaper and more appropriate technology options.
Assess IT Requirements
Think about the way in which your business currently uses its IT systems and consider what you want to achieve from your IT systems in the new office. This will help you formulate an IT Relocation Plan to make sure you end up with the most suitable IT equipment for your business - and remember to use the office move as an ideal time to implement any new changes. The process of producing a detailed IT Requirements Checklist in advance of purchasing any new IT equipment will force you to think properly about what your priorities are - which will, in turn, lead to you making informed decisions.
Here are some pointers to include when assessing any new IT Requirements:
- Connectivity. Think about network capability, phone systems, accessing email, internet, intranet, servers & firewall capability.
- Compatability. Make sure that any new IT equipment is compatible with your existing IT systems. Specify exactly what software and hardware you use at the moment, what you want to keep and what you want to upgrade.
- Training. Who will be using your IT systems? Are there any training requirements for any new IT equipment?
- Future growth-plans. Consider what IT equipment you might use in the future (and what you would use it for). You don't want to purchase a new IT system now that you will soon outgrow.
- IT Relocation Professionals. Should your company not possess the necessary skills required for an IT Relocation then you should liaise with IT & Telecoms specialists. They have expertise in working with companies that are moving office and will have extensive knowledge on how best to safely & securely transfer all IT Equipment and Phone Systems.
Downoad the free IT Relocation Checklist
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory