Key Points To Help Kick Start Your Office Relocation
Office Relocation Points
When organizing your office relocation consider applying these six tips to your Office Moving Checklist before you begin planning your office relocation:
- Establish the requirements and objectives of your new office space. Discus these office space requirements and ideas with a specialist Tenant Rep Broker, so you can both review what you need from your new office space in the long term.
- Put together an Office Relocation Budget to help you have a clear understanding of what you can and cannot afford. Most companies are more than aware of their financials, but make sure you do not get tempted to spend over your allocated budget. Remember to factor in the cost of your Office Moving Company, Office Design and IT Relocation into your budget.
- Implement an Office Relocation Time Plan for your office move to highlight important completion dates. A detailed time plan will minimize disruption to your business, determine how quickly your business needs to move and help you to keep on top of things. The Moving Office Timetable will give you help and guidance on how to use your time efficiently.
- Get your workforce involved with the move. Decide on who will manage and head up the office moving process and give some of the moving responsibilities to employees who can supervise certain relocation tasks. Giving some of the moving responsibility to other staff members will ease the pressure off you and make your workforce feel involved in your office relocation.
- Most companies can continue to run as usual during an office move. Decide whether you wish to close your operations whilst moving and consider what your business constraints will be during moving time.
- If in doubt always contact the specialists to give you expert advice on lease agreements, relocating your IT equipment and the layout of your new office. Also do not forget to factor these services into your Office Relocation Budget.
Reference the HelpMovingOffice Office Moving Checklist to assist you when organizing and planning your office move.
Planning an office move? Go the office relocation planning resource center
Start Planning Your Office Move
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
Access The Resource Center
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Office Relocation Services Directory
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
85 Critical Tasks Before, During, and After the Move
An office move has countless moving parts. Where do you start? Keep reading... "Guru" of office moving, Ed Katz, has you covered!Read Article
Request for Information (RFI) with Best Answers
Looking for the best mover for your office relocation? The best way to narrow down your search is to ask the right questions. What are the right questions? We're here to help! Ed Katz, president of the International Office Moving Institute (IOMI) and guru of office moving, will tell you exactly what you should be asking potential movers and what the right mover will say.Read Article
Stages of an Office Move
Identify the key stages of an office move and find out what important issues need to be considered at each milestone.Read Article