Moving Office Locations - Things to Do
Moving Office to a new location can be both exciting and challenging. There's nothing better than a new office environment to reinvigorate performance, improve efficiency and energize your workforce. But for this to happen, there's a whole load of planning, preparation and things to do in order to prepare your business for the new office location.
Use this list of Things To Do as a guide to keeping your office move on track:
- Give notice on your existing property, being careful to exercise it as set out in the terms of your office lease.
- Determine a timeframe for the move using the Moving Office Timetable. It's easy - all you do is insert your moving out date and the template gives you all the important dates and tasks that need to be done.
- Select and brief a Tenant Rep Broker about your new office space requirements. There are two importants guides and tools you'll need to brief them. The first is the Office Space Calculator to determine the size of office that's right for you. The second is the Office Space Checklist to help decide which office space is the best match for your business.
- Prepare a budget for the move using the Budget Planner. It identifies all the costs for you, so all you need to do is start getting office moving company quotes and estimates for everything and the overall cost of your office move will start to come together.
- Contact current utility companies and service providers to terminate your services and get them set up at the new office location.
- Order any new IT equipment, phone jacks and network cabling that you'll need to get the IT infrastructure set up in your new office.
- Determine a packing schedule with your moving company and keep staff abreast about any changes and alteration to their working schedule over the office move.
This Moving Office Things To Do list should kick start your relocation, but for a more detailed list of everything you need to do, download the FREE Office Move Checklist.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
In today's hybrid work environment, employees are increasingly evaluating their commute time and its impact on their productivity and well-being. This has led to the emergence of a new concept called "Return on Commute" (ROC), which is similar to the traditional business metric "Return on Investment" (ROI).Read Article
Office furniture is an essential component of any workplace, offering comfort and functionality to employees. However, the sheer volume of office furniture waste generated annually is a concerning environmental problem. The disposal of office furniture often contributes to landfills, releases harmful chemicals, and strains valuable resources.Read Article
With over 20 years of experience, Monroe Moving Pro can be your most trusted and valued locally owned and operating moving company. We are proud to provide a full service and quality that surpasses the expectations of our customers. Whether you are planning to move locally or across the country, for domestic or commercial purposes, Monroe Moving Pro offers tailored services to meet up your specific needs. Our combined approach gives us a direct responsibility to be confident and genuine in providing our services.Read Article