Office Move Packing Instructions
Office Move Packing Checklist
The aim of this Office Move Packing Checklist is to give you some basic guidelines to help ensure that everything gets moved safely & securely to your new office - with minimal disruption to your business and damage to your office contents.
- Make sure that all of your staff are fully briefed on what is expected of them during the office move.
- Label and tag everything. Use the Move Tags that your office moving company has provided. If any item of office furniture or equipment has any removable parts make sure that both/all parts are tagged.
- Check that your Office Moving Company has copies of the layout of your new office so that everything gets positioned and unpacked in their correct location.
- Completely empty the contents of all desks, drawers, shelves, bookcases and storage/filing cabinets. Failure to do so may result in things getting lost or damaged during transportation to your new office.
- Liase with your Office Moving Company to find out who is going to dissemble computer equipment. It is usually best to leave the packing of PCs, phones and technical equipment to your moving company as they require specialist handling and protective packing. If your entire communications structure is vital to the productivity of your business (which in many case it is) then seek guidance from a specialist IT Relocation Company.
- Back up all of your computers. You need your staff to be able to work productively in the unlikely case of any loss or damage to any computer equipment (or in case of any delay of their reconfiguration at the new office location).
- Do not attempt to move printers or copiers with toner or ink inside as they may leak and cause damage to the equipment (or flooring) during transit.
- Remember to notify your service vendors of all office equipment that is under contract (or leasing company) that you are moving office.
- Secure all personal and business sensitive items (including items of personal value, money, back up computer disks, personnel files etc) and take them personally (and separately) to your new office space.
Office Move Packing Checklist (this can be photocopied and given to all Employees)
- Is your desk cleared of all items?
- Are your desk drawers completely empty?
- Have you packed away all of your work related cabinets?
- Have you taken home all items of personal value?
- Have you taken down (and packed) any pictures or wall items in your space?
- Have all documents and files on your work computer been backed up?
- Have any breakable items been identified and properly packed away?
- Have you disconnected all IT equipment in according to the moving instructions?
- If you have a laptop take it with you and keep it with you.
- Do a final check.
- Is everything correctly tagged?
- Before you leave check one more time that your desk space is all clear, there is nothing of any value loose on the floor - and that you have complied with the office move packing instructions.
For more advice on organizing your office move, get your free copy of the Office Moving Checklist. It will help you plan your office move properly and ensure that no office move item gets forgotten.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory