Office Moving Instructions
The following Office Moving Instructions have been put together to help you and your staff members prepare for the packing up of your office in preparation for your office move. We recommend that you add your own particular notes to this Office Moving Guide and distribute to your employees before the office move.
Office Moving Preparation
- Provide staff with a timeline of events in the run up to the move, including the move day itself so they know what to expect, and can alter their working schedule (if necessary) around the move.
- Each employee should be responsible for the packing of their own desk items (excluding any IT equipment and business phones). This can be co-ordinated by department so it can be supervised according to these instructions.
- Each department should assess what files need to be moved to the new office, and identify any items that can be recycled or archived. Please go through folder by folder to see what can be eliminated.
- Any valuable personal items should be taken home with them before the move.
- The correct packaging will be distributed to all staff (via their team leader). This will be supplied by the Office Moving Company. Staff will not be allowed to use any of their own packing materials for insurance and safety purposes.
- All staff will be issued with their own personal crate for their desk items. This should be clearly labelled with their name and relevant team. Color-coded labels will be provided.
- Any lose items (paper clips, staples, pens etc) should be put into sealed envelopes.
- Filing Cabinets that are upright can generally be transported with their contents in tact, but secure each drawer with filament tape.
- Lateral filing cabinets need to be emptied of all contents. Pack all the contents into the crates and secure the drawers with filament tape.
- Bookcases - all contents should be packed into crates, then remove any shelf pins and pack in an envelope and label.
- Do not overload crates. If you can't lift it, it's unlikely the Moving Company will be able to either!
- Try to align crates so the labels all face the same direction. This makes it easier for the Office Moving Company when loading and unloading.
- All computers, printers and copiers should be properly shut down so they can be safely dismantled by either a specialist IT relocation company or the appointed office moving company.
- If you are responsible for organizing your company's office move. This Office Moving Checklist is an essential guide to getting your office packed up safely and with everything in the right place when you get to the new office.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
In today's hybrid work environment, employees are increasingly evaluating their commute time and its impact on their productivity and well-being. This has led to the emergence of a new concept called "Return on Commute" (ROC), which is similar to the traditional business metric "Return on Investment" (ROI).Read Article
Office furniture is an essential component of any workplace, offering comfort and functionality to employees. However, the sheer volume of office furniture waste generated annually is a concerning environmental problem. The disposal of office furniture often contributes to landfills, releases harmful chemicals, and strains valuable resources.Read Article
With over 20 years of experience, Monroe Moving Pro can be your most trusted and valued locally owned and operating moving company. We are proud to provide a full service and quality that surpasses the expectations of our customers. Whether you are planning to move locally or across the country, for domestic or commercial purposes, Monroe Moving Pro offers tailored services to meet up your specific needs. Our combined approach gives us a direct responsibility to be confident and genuine in providing our services.Read Article