Office Moving Tasks: The Final Week
Office Relocation Planning - One Week To Go!
It's one week before you move office, and if you've been following our tried and tested Office Move Checklists you should be well on your way to a smooth relocation.
Today's article is all about what things need to be done in the final week before the office move:
1 Week Prior to Move Day
- Arrange to meet with your new Landlord to obtain keys and inspect office property
- Arrange to meet with existing Landlord to do the handover and arrange for return of security deposit
- Arrange for "old" office to be cleaned once vacated.
- Issue new keys to appropriate managers and staff
- Email round new office location map and access details for staff so they know where they're going on the first day
- Arrange to meet with Office Moving Company in new location to talk through the new layout and seating plan so they know where boxes and filing cabinets are to be located and unpacked.
- Put a "We've Moved" notice on "old" office door so that anyone accidently visiting it will know the address of the new location.
Preparing for Office Move Day
- Print off a contact list of all key personnel and vendors associated with the move
- Arrange for staff to help out on move day, just having someone at each location to address any issues will ease the stress and ensure everything goes smoothly
- Arrange for an elevator engineer to be on call should there be any problems with the elevator on moving day
- Use the Office Moving Checklist for a complete list of tasks that need to be completed in the run up to the office move, the move day itself and beyond.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
In today's hybrid work environment, employees are increasingly evaluating their commute time and its impact on their productivity and well-being. This has led to the emergence of a new concept called "Return on Commute" (ROC), which is similar to the traditional business metric "Return on Investment" (ROI).Read Article
Office furniture is an essential component of any workplace, offering comfort and functionality to employees. However, the sheer volume of office furniture waste generated annually is a concerning environmental problem. The disposal of office furniture often contributes to landfills, releases harmful chemicals, and strains valuable resources.Read Article
With over 20 years of experience, Monroe Moving Pro can be your most trusted and valued locally owned and operating moving company. We are proud to provide a full service and quality that surpasses the expectations of our customers. Whether you are planning to move locally or across the country, for domestic or commercial purposes, Monroe Moving Pro offers tailored services to meet up your specific needs. Our combined approach gives us a direct responsibility to be confident and genuine in providing our services.Read Article