Office Space Checklist
Office Space Checklist
What exactly do you need to consider when choosing office space and does the perfect office space ever exist? Well without a clear set of goals in mind you may never be able to find exactly what you're looking for. That's why having an Office Space Checklist is so important. Without one, you will run the risk of wasting a lot of time and effort in viewing unsuitable properties.
It's likely that you'll be viewing a whole range of office properties with your Tenant Rep Broker so it's important to judge each one on its own merit and rate it according to your office space requirements and business criteria.
To help you along the way, we've put together this invaluable Office Space Checklist which you can use when viewing potential real estate properties with your Tenant Rep Broker.
- What are your first impressions of the office space?
- If you like it, it's more likely that your staff, clients and visitors will as well.Is it the right size?
- Will it allow for business growth? Is the space flexible enough to meet any changing requirements you might have over the term of the lease?
- Is it in the right location? Location is a top priority. The location you choose says a lot about your business image, including who your office neighbors are. It also needs to be easily accessible for staff, clients and vendors.
- What about the reception area?
- If this is a requirement for your business then ask yourself if it is adequately spaced, accessible and welcoming?
- What condition is the office space in?
- Whilst an Office Design Company may be able to do wonders with the internal layout, little can be done about what the actual building looks like.
- Does it have adequate security?
- Who else occupies the building?
- Competitors? Partners?
- Does it matter?
- Heating and Air con - what services are provided?
- Do they meet current safety standards and do they run efficiently?
- Does it have sufficient natural light that will provide a pleasant environment for staff to work from?
- What's the view like?
This is important for some - particularly from board rooms or CEO office and can provide an interesting talking point for visitors.
Putting some real thought into what your new premises will say to staff and clients is absolutely crucial. Your new office should be a showcase for your brand, image and company culture so make sure you choose wisely!
Download the Office Space Checklist here.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
An office move has countless moving parts. Where do you start? Keep reading... "Guru" of office moving, Ed Katz, has you covered!Read Article
Looking for the best mover for your office relocation? The best way to narrow down your search is to ask the right questions. What are the right questions? We're here to help! Ed Katz, president of the International Office Moving Institute (IOMI) and guru of office moving, will tell you exactly what you should be asking potential movers and what the right mover will say.Read Article
Identify the key stages of an office move and find out what important issues need to be considered at each milestone.Read Article