Organize your Office Relocation Team
Composition of Office Relocation Team
Any type of relocation and change can be a stressful experience, and office moves are no different. There's a lot to do to ensure a smooth transition to the new facility and the best way to achieve this is through a team effort and enlisting the help of relocation experts for the key stages of the move.
This article offers practical tips to help you create a winning office relocation project team that will make your company relocation a thriving success.
Who's on the team?
An office relocation team should be made up of your employees, external office relocation providers and a team leader.
- Team Leader - ideally the relocation team should be headed up by someone with responsibility, but who has the time to devote to the relocation project. This person should have good organization skills and be empowered to make certain decisions.
- Employees - there will be people within your organization who should be on the relocation team. Their role is to support the team leader on certain aspects such as IT, finance, HR and marketing. They can use their expertise to support the team leader and take responsibility of key tasks.
Office Relocation Service Providers
Engaging professional support from office relocation providers is crucial to ensure that neither time nor money is wasted. More importantly, choosing the right space and agreeing to an office lease are big commitments, and you will need the right professionals to ensure your best interests are represented.
- Tenant Rep Broker - a competent broker will help you find and secure the most suitable property for your business and negotiate the best lease terms on your behalf.
- Commercial Real Estate Lawyer - a specialist property lawyer will review the terms of the lease and ensure your commercial interests are protected. Many tenants agree to terms without being aware of their full implications and the responsibilities that you are agreeing to. A lawyer will explain these with you and clarify any legal jargon so that you fully understand your obligations.
- Office Designer & Space Planner - they will make sure that your chosen office space is well planned, looks awesome and is functional to work in. Delivering the right working environment not only helps to improve productivity of your workforce, but also helps communicate the right impression for clients and visitors.
- Office Moving Company - hiring a professional moving company will mean that your business is relocated quickly and efficiently with minimum downtime and interruption. Make sure you compare several companies and get at least 3 office moving quotes before choosing which company to work with.
- IT & Telecom Solution Provider - responsible for the relocation of your business-critical equipment like computers, phones and servers. It isn't a simple case that your equipment is going to work in the new office once you plug it in. Your IT & Telecom partner will need to set up your new office with the relevant cabling and infrastructure and re-commission your equipment to get it working as it should so that disruption is minimized throughout.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
An office move has countless moving parts. Where do you start? Keep reading... "Guru" of office moving, Ed Katz, has you covered!Read Article
Looking for the best mover for your office relocation? The best way to narrow down your search is to ask the right questions. What are the right questions? We're here to help! Ed Katz, president of the International Office Moving Institute (IOMI) and guru of office moving, will tell you exactly what you should be asking potential movers and what the right mover will say.Read Article
Identify the key stages of an office move and find out what important issues need to be considered at each milestone.Read Article