Setting an Office Move Project Schedule
Setting a project schedule for your relocation is critical to a successful office move. It will help you stay on top of your existing workload (whist planning the move at the same time), and ensure your move is completed within the specified timeframe.
This Moving Office Timeline spreadsheet tells you when each task should be done, identify what has already been completed, and the sequence in which things need to be finished. It's a customizable template that you can tailor to the needs of your own relocation.
Of course, every office move is different and depending on the size of your business, some of the tasks may take a little longer. Finding a larger office space in a prime location, for example, may take a little longer to find. If this is the case you just need to start the process earlier to allow yourself enough time to make the right decisions and negotiate the best terms.
The Moving Office Timeline will help you do the following:
- It will provide a basis for you to monitor, track and control project relocation activities
- It will help you determine how best to allocate resources so you can achieve a smooth and seamless office move
- It will help you assess how time delays will impact the move
- Help you keep your external Office Relocation Providers on task and to budget.
Information you need when creating a project schedule:
- The date by which you need to give notice on your existing office
- The date you need to be out of your existing office
- The type of retrofit you need to do to be able to hand over your existing office back to the Landlord
- What specific requirements do you need in the new space - as this may determine the time it may take to secure the right office
- Whether your move will take place over a weekend, or a during the working week (this often depends on the availability of your Office Moving Company)
- Understand what resources you have available, i.e. whether you will be hiring an Office Space Planner/Designer and whether you will be outsourcing your IT Relocation to a provider.
Get your free copy of the Moving Office Timeline here.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
An office move has countless moving parts. Where do you start? Keep reading... "Guru" of office moving, Ed Katz, has you covered!Read Article
Looking for the best mover for your office relocation? The best way to narrow down your search is to ask the right questions. What are the right questions? We're here to help! Ed Katz, president of the International Office Moving Institute (IOMI) and guru of office moving, will tell you exactly what you should be asking potential movers and what the right mover will say.Read Article
Identify the key stages of an office move and find out what important issues need to be considered at each milestone.Read Article