Storage Considerations when Moving Office
When your business moving to a brand new office, the last thing you want to do is to clutter it up with files and documents that you rarely use. After all, with office space per sq. ft. at a premium, you'll want to make every inch count and save as much space as possible for additional employees as your business grows in the new office.
Carrying out a detailed Storage Audit is essential to help you de-clutter and make the most of every useable square foot in the new office. This is usually done by an Office Space Planner when deciding on the most appropriate layout of workstations, storage units and IT infrastructure.
When undertaking a Storage Audit, you must consider the following:
- Personal storage (i.e. staff desk drawers): how much are you going to allocate?
- Storage Wall: units can be made to open alternately into one office or the next for space saving solutions.
- Archive: what files can be archived off-site to save on valuable office space?
- Storeroom: Would a local storeroom be beneficial? Located close to your office (or within the same building) that is more cost-efficient
- Security: Consider how best to keep your valuable files and documents secure, particularly if your building does not already have its own security
- Document Management Systems: many businesses are trying to go paperless to save on office space and improve efficiency. Perhaps an office move is a good time to review how your documents can be scanned and archived online.
If you are considering off-site storage, or temporary storage, ask your Office Moving Company for advice as they often have storage facilities available to use.
Find an Office Space Planner in your area here to help carry out your storage audit.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
Office furniture is an essential component of any workplace, offering comfort and functionality to employees. However, the sheer volume of office furniture waste generated annually is a concerning environmental problem. The disposal of office furniture often contributes to landfills, releases harmful chemicals, and strains valuable resources.Read Article
With over 20 years of experience, Monroe Moving Pro can be your most trusted and valued locally owned and operating moving company. We are proud to provide a full service and quality that surpasses the expectations of our customers. Whether you are planning to move locally or across the country, for domestic or commercial purposes, Monroe Moving Pro offers tailored services to meet up your specific needs. Our combined approach gives us a direct responsibility to be confident and genuine in providing our services.Read Article
Mesa Moving & Storage has been in the commercial moving business since 1981.Read Article