The Office Move Survival Guide
Office Moving Survival Guide
This Office Move Survival Guide walks you through 10 basic tasks of how to plan an office move - and still come out of it alive!
Clarify your reasons behind the office move; lease expiry, company growth/contraction, to serve clients better?
- Serve Notice - check your Office Lease to find out your notice period and how it should be served.
- Use the Office Move Checklist - moving office without a checklist is asking for trouble! You need to know the tasks ahead of you and pre-plan and don't leave anything to the last minute.
- Hire Office Relocation Professionals - you can't move office alone. A Tenant Rep Broker, Commercial Real Estate Lawyer, Office Designer, Office Moving Company are essential to carry out the component tasks within your office move project. Without them, you could make expensive mistakes.
- Create an Office Move Budget - how much cash can you throw at your relocation project? Work it out using the Moving Office Budget Planner and update it as your office move progresses.
- Schedule Key Dates - they'll be 3 key dates that will essentially drive your office move; the date you need to give notice by, the date you need to vacate your office property and your move-in date. Make sure you know them and that you keep on top of them.
- Search for Office Space - work out how much office space you are going to need with the free Office Space Calculator and brief your Tenant Rep Broker accordingly.
- Office Lease Negotiations - get advice from your Tenant Rep Broker about how lease length, incentives and break clauses so you end up with a suitable office lease deal.
- Communication - think about how you are going to communicate with staff and announce your office move to clients so that everyone is up-to-date.
- After the Office Move - review your office suppliers & vendors to ensure you are on the best utility, business phone tariffs possible and see how much money you can save!
Get more detailed guidance on planning your office move with the Office Move for Dummies Guide.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
Moving to a new office is an exciting adventure, but the logistics of the process can be overwhelming. At MAC Relocations, we understand the challenges you face when it comes to transporting & setting up your new space. That's why we offer a comprehensive solution that goes beyond traditional moving services – the option to bundle delivery and installation services. Here's why you should consider this all-in-one package for a seamless and stress-free relocation experience.Read Article
In an era where environmental consciousness is more important than ever, businesses are increasingly recognizing the value of sustainable office design. Not only does an eco-friendly workspace reduce the ecological footprint of a company, but it also fosters a healthier and more productive environment for employees. This blog post will explore practical strategies for creating a sustainable office, highlighting the benefits for both the environment and the workforce.Read Article