The Process of Finding an Office Moving Company
Once you've decided that hiring a professional Office Moving Company is the way forward to ensure a smooth office relocation, you need to determine how best to conduct the searching process. A reputable office moving company is best placed to minimize any disruption during your move and help get you settled in your new environment quickly.
This could undoubtedly tip the scales for some small businesses. It's not always best to go with the cheapest options. Check their credentials too. Whatever price is quoted, and have it put in writing that they are able to stick to it.
Every Office is Different
- Ultimately your goal is to transfer all the belongings to the new office quickly, in one piece and set them up in the right place.
- Accept that your office move may be different from any other, and your requirements need to be discussed at length with your chosen moving company.
- Whilst most office moving companies may appear to have the right credentials, you need to filter them through a rigorous referencing process.
- Not all moving companies are office moving companies. An office move has a higher degree of liability as they will be handling very expensive computer and office equipment. Ask for evidence of other business relocations they have undertaken recently and check whether these businesses are of similar size to yours.
What you need to look for
- A professional office moving company should be licensed and fully insured. Check for industry certifications or award recognition. They should be able to showcase these on first meeting if they are to be a serious contender for winning new business.
- Find out what their usual process is for relocating an office. You'll need to know ahead of time what to expect so you can brief your staff accordingly. You don't your employees to be tripping over boxes in the week running up to the move.
- Ask about their employees and whether they employ contractors. I would be very wary of a company who employs contractors as this indicates that they may not get enough regular work to employ their own movers full time.
- Finally, they have to be available to carry out your move on the day you need to be out of your existing office. By starting this review process early enough, it should put you in a good position of being able to secure your preferred moving date with the company of your choice.
A professional approach to hiring an office moving company is the only way to guarantee a successful outcome. Start your search for a professional moving company here.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
An office move has countless moving parts. Where do you start? Keep reading... "Guru" of office moving, Ed Katz, has you covered!Read Article
Looking for the best mover for your office relocation? The best way to narrow down your search is to ask the right questions. What are the right questions? We're here to help! Ed Katz, president of the International Office Moving Institute (IOMI) and guru of office moving, will tell you exactly what you should be asking potential movers and what the right mover will say.Read Article
Identify the key stages of an office move and find out what important issues need to be considered at each milestone.Read Article