Timeline for an Office Relocation
Office Relocation Timelines
When you are organizing an office relocation you should create a Office Relocation Timeline at least 6 months prior to moving.
This Office Relocation Timeline template gives you approximate timings for when various tasks need to be completed by. Every office move will be different, but you can use this timeline as a guide. It assumes that you have already found the right office space and agreed suitable office lease terms.
Six to Nine Months prior to Office Relocation:
1. Assemble your Office Design Team (including Architect, Space Planners, Designers & Contractors) to coordinate the different phases of the space planning, office build out and design.
2. Review the cabling infrastructure and telecommunications in the new office. Order any new phone lines and other equipment.
3. Identify any furniture and office equipment that can be sold, recycled or donated. Archive any unwanted files.
Four Months prior to the Office Relocation:
1. Get at least 3 Moving Company Quotes and select/brief the Office Moving Company you would like to work with. Ensure office move date is confirmed with them.
2. Start to contact all office suppliers, vendors and clients that need to be informed of the office relocation.
3. Start compiling a office space plan of where your staff will be seated and communicate it to all employees.
Two months prior to the Office Relocation:
1. Arrange with building managers at both locations about security and access requirements on office move day.
2. Compile a Office Move Day Schedule of approximate timings with your Office Moving Company.
Three weeks prior to the Office Relocation:
1. The Office Relocation Project Manager should review all aspects of the move with employees, management and all office relocation service providers to ensure the office move runs seamlessly.
2. Get crates, labels and packaging delivered and begin to pack any files that you won't need til you move to the new office.
3. Confirm the office space layout of the new office floor plans with your Office Design Team and communicate it to your Office Moving Company.
One week prior to the Office Relocation:
1. Label and color-code all office furniture items to be moved.
2. Ask staff to pack their personal belongings and desk items into crates and label them accordingly.
Download the FREE Moving Office Timeline and use it as a working document to ensure all tasks are completed on time and you never miss a deadline.
Planning an office move? Go the office relocation planning resource center
Start Planning Your Office Move
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
Access The Resource Center
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Office Relocation Services Directory
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
85 Critical Tasks Before, During, and After the Move
An office move has countless moving parts. Where do you start? Keep reading... "Guru" of office moving, Ed Katz, has you covered!Read Article
Request for Information (RFI) with Best Answers
Looking for the best mover for your office relocation? The best way to narrow down your search is to ask the right questions. What are the right questions? We're here to help! Ed Katz, president of the International Office Moving Institute (IOMI) and guru of office moving, will tell you exactly what you should be asking potential movers and what the right mover will say.Read Article
Stages of an Office Move
Identify the key stages of an office move and find out what important issues need to be considered at each milestone.Read Article