Timeline for an Office Relocation
Office Relocation Timelines
This Office Relocation Timeline template gives you approximate timings for when various tasks need to be completed by. Every office move will be different, but you can use this timeline as a guide. It assumes that you have already found the right office space and agreed suitable office lease terms.
Six to Nine Months prior to Office Relocation:
2. Review the cabling infrastructure and telecommunications in the new office. Order any new phone lines and other equipment.
3. Identify any furniture and office equipment that can be sold, recycled or donated. Archive any unwanted files.
Four Months prior to the Office Relocation:
2. Start to contact all office suppliers, vendors and clients that need to be informed of the office relocation.
3. Start compiling a office space plan of where your staff will be seated and communicate it to all employees.
Two months prior to the Office Relocation:
1. Arrange with building managers at both locations about security and access requirements on office move day.
2. Compile a Office Move Day Schedule of approximate timings with your Office Moving Company.
Three weeks prior to the Office Relocation:
1. The Office Relocation Project Manager should review all aspects of the move with employees, management and all office relocation service providers to ensure the office move runs seamlessly.
2. Get crates, labels and packaging delivered and begin to pack any files that you won't need til you move to the new office.
3. Confirm the office space layout of the new office floor plans with your Office Design Team and communicate it to your Office Moving Company.
One week prior to the Office Relocation:
1. Label and color-code all office furniture items to be moved.
2. Ask staff to pack their personal belongings and desk items into crates and label them accordingly.
Download the FREE Moving Office Timeline and use it as a working document to ensure all tasks are completed on time and you never miss a deadline.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
In today's hybrid work environment, employees are increasingly evaluating their commute time and its impact on their productivity and well-being. This has led to the emergence of a new concept called "Return on Commute" (ROC), which is similar to the traditional business metric "Return on Investment" (ROI).Read Article
Office furniture is an essential component of any workplace, offering comfort and functionality to employees. However, the sheer volume of office furniture waste generated annually is a concerning environmental problem. The disposal of office furniture often contributes to landfills, releases harmful chemicals, and strains valuable resources.Read Article
With over 20 years of experience, Monroe Moving Pro can be your most trusted and valued locally owned and operating moving company. We are proud to provide a full service and quality that surpasses the expectations of our customers. Whether you are planning to move locally or across the country, for domestic or commercial purposes, Monroe Moving Pro offers tailored services to meet up your specific needs. Our combined approach gives us a direct responsibility to be confident and genuine in providing our services.Read Article