Tips for Renting Office Space
Renting Office Space
Your office space is one of your businesses greatest assets. This is where you and your staff are going to work on a daily basis, it's where you meet with potential and existing clients so it's need to not only be comfortable, but also be a positive reflection of your company values.
The type of office space you choose will therefore have a strong reflection on your business. You will therefore need to give due consideration to the type of building, the location, the facilities, and it's office design and layout potential.
Taking time to plan your office space requirements before renting office space is a MUST. You should also discuss your office space requirements with a local Tenant Rep Broker to ensure you end up in the most suitable office space that meets your budget, business and space requirements.
Here are some tips to consider before renting office space:
- Make sure you've got enough space - you'll need to account for a certain amount of office space per employee as well as any separate offices or conference rooms. You'll also need to factor in an additional 10-20% of overall office space for future growth. Failure to account for this could mean you grow out of your office space too quickly.
- Think modestly - it may be tempting to go for a large swanky office but don't take out too much space than what you really need - or can realistically afford! An proportionally large office could hamper staff momentum and destroy productivity.
- Do your homework - ask your Tenant Rep Broker for a report on market rents being achieved in your area of similar sized office. This will enable you to compare "apples for apples" and weigh up your options carefully.
- Be flexible - an office suite in an out-of-town location may be just as convenient for you and your staff and will also save you a few bucks! Draw up a list of priorities but be flexible enough to compromise on those that are less important.
- Access - whatever location you choose, make sure it's accessible to both clients and staff to visit you. Consider how your staff travel to and from work and how the new location will suit the majority of your workforce.
Don't forget to use the FREE Office Space Checklist to help you to easily identify which office space is most suited to your needs.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
In today's hybrid work environment, employees are increasingly evaluating their commute time and its impact on their productivity and well-being. This has led to the emergence of a new concept called "Return on Commute" (ROC), which is similar to the traditional business metric "Return on Investment" (ROI).Read Article
Office furniture is an essential component of any workplace, offering comfort and functionality to employees. However, the sheer volume of office furniture waste generated annually is a concerning environmental problem. The disposal of office furniture often contributes to landfills, releases harmful chemicals, and strains valuable resources.Read Article
With over 20 years of experience, Monroe Moving Pro can be your most trusted and valued locally owned and operating moving company. We are proud to provide a full service and quality that surpasses the expectations of our customers. Whether you are planning to move locally or across the country, for domestic or commercial purposes, Monroe Moving Pro offers tailored services to meet up your specific needs. Our combined approach gives us a direct responsibility to be confident and genuine in providing our services.Read Article