Tips to Help You Move Office
Relocating your office is one of the more stressful and convoluted tasks a business is likely to undertake. There are a many practical things you need to consider when planning to move office such as how you are going to get your office furniture to the new office, transferring your IT equipment, and deciding what items you are going to take with you. These 3 tasks alone are the main tasks that require advanced planning and preparation if you want things to go smoothly.
Let's take these 3 important practical office moving tasks to help make your move go as smooth as possible:
1. Moving Office Furniture
- Regardless of the size of your company, or how far you are moving, you need to handover the task of moving your office furniture to the new facility to a professional and verifiable Office Moving Company. They provide a source of advice and insight that make planning your office move far easier and more manageable.
- An office move is a mission critical event and you'll need all the help you can get to make sure your property arrives at the new location on time and intact.
- Find an Office Moving Company in your location by searching our approved member directory.
2. Relocating IT Equipment
- Find out as much as you can about the new location to help you set-up your new office with the right IT infrastructure. Find out where the electrical outlets and telecommunications connections are on the floor or walls, identify the best location to place network cables, and also investigate what Wi-Fi access is available.
- Walk through the space with an IT & Telecom Solution Provider who can help assess your IT requirements and carry out the infrastructure installation on your behalf.
- Don't worry if you're not particularly technically minded, your IT & Telecom Solution Provider will guide you through the process. Also make sure you are familiar with all the tasks that need to be done using this IT Relocation Checklist.
3. What items to take with you
- Deciding what items to take with you to the new office can be a tricky decision. Whilst you don't want to see your long-kept items go to waste, you also want your new office to portray your best company image.
- It's important that all your office furniture complements your new office design so as to give the right impression to clients and visitors. A seamless integrated design and finish will greatly enhance your credibility and improve the overall perception of your brand.
- Discuss your office furniture needs with your Design Company or Space Planner to help you decide which items to keep and what to recycle.
Don't forget that if you have large amounts of files that you don't use regularly, your Office Moving Company can offer a file archive service which will greatly reduce the amount of storage you need, and free up valuable office space.
For more advice and tips on planning your office move, download this Office Relocation Checklist.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
An office move has countless moving parts. Where do you start? Keep reading... "Guru" of office moving, Ed Katz, has you covered!Read Article
Looking for the best mover for your office relocation? The best way to narrow down your search is to ask the right questions. What are the right questions? We're here to help! Ed Katz, president of the International Office Moving Institute (IOMI) and guru of office moving, will tell you exactly what you should be asking potential movers and what the right mover will say.Read Article
Identify the key stages of an office move and find out what important issues need to be considered at each milestone.Read Article