Top ten reasons for office move failure
Top Ten Office Moving Pitfalls
There's no denying that moving office can be a stressful experience, and any number of things can potentially go wrong. Thanks to HelpMovingOffice.com their office relocation tips will guide you through a smooth office move and help you avoid the common reasons why many office moves fail.
- Not using a Tenant Rep Broker to help you find office space which leads to uninformed decisions about the choice of office space and an "unfavorable" office lease.
- No clear vision about the reasons behind the office move and the requirements of new premises.
- Lack of communication between managers and their employees which can lead to low staff morale, negativity and poor performance.
- Poor time management and failure to adhere to a strict moving schedule often results in a delayed office move with business interruption.
- Poor budget management (or none at all!) which leads to a company running out of money before they've even moved in to the new office.
- Not taking sufficient legal counsel regarding the important details within the Office Lease resulting in nasty financial and operational consequences further down the line.
- Trying to cut corners by taking care of the relocation yourself without the expert help of a professional Office Moving Company.
- Lack of research when hiring an Office Moving Company which can lead to hasty decisions based on low-cost and convenience rather than skill and experience.
- Poor IT Relocation Planning can lead to delays when arriving at the new office, caused by incompatible and insufficient cabling infrastructure and phone lines in the wrong location.
- Not considering future growth / contraction will mean you will all too quickly outgrow your office space; hampering productivity, morale and stunting business growth.
Find out more about the common pitfalls when moving office with this cracking guide: The Deadly Sins of Moving Office.
Wherever you are in your office move process Help Moving Office has the information you need to plan your office move properly.Start Planning
With over 15 guides, checklists, tools & calculators the Resource Center has everything you need to plan, organize & manage a successful office move.See Resources
Looking for the right companies for your office move? Connect with independently sourced and pre-qualified vendors that are experts in your local market.The Directory
An office move has countless moving parts. Where do you start? Keep reading... "Guru" of office moving, Ed Katz, has you covered!Read Article
Looking for the best mover for your office relocation? The best way to narrow down your search is to ask the right questions. What are the right questions? We're here to help! Ed Katz, president of the International Office Moving Institute (IOMI) and guru of office moving, will tell you exactly what you should be asking potential movers and what the right mover will say.Read Article
Identify the key stages of an office move and find out what important issues need to be considered at each milestone.Read Article